Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Woodbadge July 2008


This is a picture of all who attended Woodbadge.




I am the one on the end. This was taken during the first flag ceremony.




This picture is of my patrol and the next one is from a flag retiring ceremony.






This is a picture of the rocket that my patrol made. It flew at least a couple of hundred feet in the air! It was awesome.
My troop guide helped me put on my woggle. YES--I made it myself. Be impressed!

In July I attended Woodbadge. This is a Scout leadership training camp that lasts a full six days. I have been being asked to attend this camp for a few years now because of my calling at church. I finally decided that I had put it off long enough and that this year would be as good of a time as any. I will be honest--I was less than excited to attend. However, I also knew that I had never talked to anyone who had attended and regreted going. So, I figured that it could not be all bad. However, the thought of leaving my family for so long to camp with a bunch of other scouters and wearing a scout uniform all week did not thrill me. Now, after having gone I am changed! It was truly one of the best experiences of my life. It is life changing. I am truly grateful for the experience--uniform and all. The food was actually very good, the sleeping arrangements were not the Marriott, but they were not in a tent either. Everyone there was awesome. I learned so much. And, Rich's mother made it all possible by coming and helping with the kids all week. They had an even better week than I did by getting spoiled by Grandma. Thank you so much for your sacrifice Mom. We love and appreciate you. We are already looking forward to seeing you again at Thanksgiving!

So--I would highly recommend this experience to all of you. Honestly!
PS--"Back to Gilwell....."

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I LOVE these pictures of you in your scouting uniform :) You look sooo young! Love and miss you!

Camille Phillips said...

I am impressed! Camping and pregnancy don't usually mix very well - you must be a true scouter. : )

Mary said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you. I wish I could have been there with you. You are such a great scouter!